Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dinner With the Typeanati

I met Ted Munk, the lovely Tori Forte, and Peter Baker for dinner tonight. Wonderful people who share the love of vintage typewriters. The icing on the cake - Ted brought along a few of his portables and we did an impromptu type-in!

Most of my typing was blathering about how this one felt or that one looks. But one entry jumped off the page and grabbed me by the throat when I got home.

 (Typed on Ted's 1933 Remie Scout)

As evidenced by this entry alone, a good time was had by all. I look forward to many more such evenings.



Peter Baker and Tori Forte

Ted Munk




9 comments:

  1. Maybe that should be "Typerati" - Making up words is harder than it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! The typosphere strike again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pleasure! we shall have to see about another one soon (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a great time! Hope to see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! excellent post! Great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, thanks. The double red sounds lethal stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautifully balanced ale. I think I should have stopped at one, though!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a great event, and here's a belated welcome to the typosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. I'm very glad to have found kindred spirits.

      Delete